Lots of deburring

I have primed some of the smaller parts of the HS but while waiting for a good chance to prime the spars I decided to start deburring the ribs. There’s a lot of ribs so it took me several hours over a few days. Afterwards, I noticed I got a little carried away with the deburring wheel on some of them so I decided to reorder the few that I was uncomfortable with.

In the meantime, I started deburring parts for the elevators. I’ve been working on deburring all of the elevator parts because I’ve decided I want to try switching up my process a little bit. For the elevators, and maybe the rest of the HS, I am going to try priming the parts before I do the final drilling. The issue I’m having with priming after all of the drilling is that the rivets frequently don’t fit easily into the holes. Most of the time when this happens I end up having to run a reamer through the hole to clean it up a little bit. I don’t think this has much of an affect on the size or shape of the hole, but I’d be more comfortable if I didn’t have to do this extra step.

Life got busy with a camping trip for Memorial Day and then yard work so I haven’t actually got much work done over the last couple weeks but I’m hoping to change that soon.

IMG_20170511_193615IMG_20170520_145446

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s