Two nights ago I got to see the HS assembled for the first time!
I was surprised at how easy the cradles made it to get the nose ribs clecoed into place in the leading edge of the skin. I figured it would be a struggle to get them all the way down into the leading edge and then clecoed but the cradles made it a complete non-event. Like many other builders I think, this is the first time where I have not had enough of the silver clecos. I’m going to do the best I can with what I’ve got, but I know I’m going to need a LOT more when I get to the wings so I’ll order some more soon.
Last night, I got the rear spar clecoed into place and started final drilling. In the time I had to work on it, I managed to get the bottom of the left side of the HS drilled. It is going to take a while to get the rest of it drilled….